- The personal information we collect.
- How we use your personal information.
- With whom we share your personal information.
- Your rights with respect to your personal information.
- How to contact us with any questions or concerns.
1. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
We collect personal information, which is information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, to you (“Personal Information”). We collect Personal Information from you through a variety of different touch points during the course of our business, such as through our websites or when you visit on of our properties (collectively, the “Services”).
Information You Provide To Us
You will need to provide Personal Information when you engage in certain features of our Services. This includes when you:
- Contact us. When you communicate with us or send any questions, comments, feedback, or suggestions, you will need to provide us with your personal identifiers (name, email address and/or telephone number). We use this Personal Information to respond to your questions or inquires, troubleshoot where necessary, and address any issues you have with the Services.
- Enter contests or sweepstakes. If you participate in one of our contests or sweepstakes, you will need to provide personal identifiers (name, email address, zip code, social handle(s), and physical address), and commercial information (details related to your purchases or business). We use this Personal Information to manage the contest or sweepstakes and your participation.
- Join our loyalty program. If you join our loyalty program to access savings and other perks, we will collect your personal identifiers (name, email address, and zip code). We use this Personal Information to manage your membership and to send you savings, perks, and other marketing communications we feel may be of interest to you.
- Join our student discount program. If you join our student discount program, we will collect your personal identifiers (name) and educational information (the school you attend). Participants in the student discount program must be eighteen (18) years or older. We use this Personal Information to manage your membership, send you savings, perks, and other marketing communications we feel may be of interest to you.
- Participate in social media. If you interact with our social media pages, we may collect Personal Information you choose to disclose including personal identifiers (name, social media handle, and email address) and visual information (your social media photo or your photograph). We may use this Personal Information to share your social media content. With your consent, we may also use this Personal Information for our marketing materials.
- Register for an event. If you register for an event, you will be required to provide us with your personal identifiers (name, email address, and physical address). You may also be prompted to provide us with commercial information (details on spending, frequency of visits, or favorite stores). We use this Personal Information to manage your event registration.
- Sign up for offers and promotions. You have the option to elect to receive offers on products and services we feel may be of interest to you. To sign up for these offers, you will provide personal identifiers (name and email address or telephone number). We use this Personal Information to send you the offers and promotions you requested. We may also use this Personal Information to send you marketing communications we feel may be of interest to you.
- Sign up for valet services. You have the option to register for valet services and alerts. To sign up for these services, you may be asked for your personal identifiers (name, telephone number, email address, and vehicle information). Please note your license plate number may also be recorded through CCTV footage. We use this Personal Information to provide the valet services and to ensure the safety and security of Urban Edge, you, and your vehicle.
- Visit our properties. When you visit our properties, we may capture visual information of you (CCTV footage). We use this Personal Information to monitor the safety of our properties and visitors.
- Utilize our complimentary Wi-Fi. If you utilize our complimentary Wi-Fi, we will collect personal identifiers (email address) and your internet and other electronic network activity information, (device ID). We use this Personal Information to provide the complimentary Wi-Fi.
Urban Edge may also use the Personal Information we collect as described in this section to comply with the law, to efficiently maintain our business, and for other limited circumstances as described in HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
Information Collected Automatically From You
We also collect internet and other electronic network activity information automatically from you as you navigate our website. This information is collected by cookies and other similar technologies. Cookies are text files that your browser places on your device when you visit a website. We and our third-party providers use both persistent cookies (cookies that stay on your device for a set period of time or until you delete them) and session cookies (cookies that expire when you close your browser).
These cookies collect internet and other electronic network activity information, such as your IP address, usage information, browsing and search history, and information about the device you are using, including the operating system, hardware model, and website preferences. We may also collect geolocation data from your mobile device if you use your mobile device to access our website and location is enabled.
In particular, our website utilizes the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. We use strictly necessary cookies to authenticate users, prevent fraudulent use of our website, and protect user data from unauthorized parties. These cookies are required for our website to function and allow you to use the features of our website.
- Functional cookies. We use functional cookies to provide enhanced functionality and personalization for you, remember your preferences so you do not have to reset them each time you visit our website, diagnose server and software errors, and in cases of abuse, track and mitigate the abuse.
- Analytics cookies. We and our analytics providers use analytics cookies to recognize and count the number of visitors to the website, see how visitors interact with the website and its different functions, and see when visitors are using the website. This information helps us to improve our website.
- Advertising cookies. We and our advertising providers use advertising cookies to identify and store behaviors that users take when visiting our website. These cookies are used in order to: (i) identify you as a prospect for our services; (ii) deliver advertisements that are more relevant to you and your interests; (iii) limit the number of times you see an advertisement; and (iv) help measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaign.
- Social media widgets. Our website includes social media widgets. These widgets may collect internet or other electronic network activity information, such as your IP address and which page you are visiting on our website. These widgets may set a cookie or utilize other tracking technologies to accomplish this. Social media widgets are hosted by a third party and your interactions with those features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
Below are particular third-party cookies to note as you use our website:
- Facebook Custom Audience. We use Facebook Pixel to customize our advertising and to serve you ads based on your browsing behavior. This allows your behavior to be tracked after you have been redirected to our website by clicking on a Facebook ad. The Facebook Pixel stores a cookie on your device to enable us to measure the effectiveness of Facebook ads for statistical and market research purposes. We do not have access to the information collected through the Facebook Pixel. However, the information collected via the Facebook Pixel is also stored and processed by Facebook. Facebook may link this information to your Facebook account and also use it for its own promotional purposes in accordance with Facebook’s Data Usage Policy. The Facebook Pixel also allows Facebook and its partners to show you advertisements on and outside of Facebook. Such sharing may be a sale under the California Consumer Privacy Act. You can opt-out of this sharing and displaying of Facebook ads by visiting your Facebook Ad Settings, and you can clear and control the information third parties share with Facebook in your Off-Facebook Activity If you do not have a Facebook account, you can opt-out of Facebook ads through the Digital Advertising Alliance here.
- Google Tag Manager. We use Google’s tag management system to manage tags used for tracking and analytics on websites. Tags are small code elements that, among other things, are used to manage traffic and visitor behavior and to test and optimize websites. We utilize Google Tag Manager to manage and organize all third-party tags on our website and to control when those tags are triggered. You can view more information about Google Tag Manager’s privacy practices here.
2. SHARING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your Personal Information in the following circumstances:
Within Urban Edge. We may share your Personal Information within Urban Edge, which includes Urban Edge affiliates and subsidiaries.
With service providers. We may share the Personal Information we collect with third parties who perform services on our behalf, such as analytics provider, web hosting providers, customer service providers, professional consultants, and creative agencies.
In the event of a corporate reorganization. In the event that we enter into or intend to enter into, a transaction that alters the structure of our business, such as a reorganization, merger, acquisition, sale, joint venture, assignment, consolidation, transfer, change of control, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock, we would share Personal Information with third parties, including the buyer or target for the purpose of facilitating and completing the transaction. We would also share Personal Information with third parties if we undergo bankruptcy or liquidation, in the course of such proceedings.
To prevent harm. We will share Personal Information if we believe it is necessary to detect, investigate, prevent, or take action against illegal activities, fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the rights, property, or personal safety of any person.
For legal purposes. We will share Personal Information where we are legally required to do so, such as in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders; to establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims or demands; or to comply with the requirements of any applicable law.
With your consent. We may request your permission to share your Personal Information for a specific purpose apart from the reasons identified above.
Sharing In The Preceding Twelve (12) Months
For a business purposes. In the preceding twelve (12) months, Urban Edge has disclosed the following categories of Personal Information for a business with the following categories of third parties:
- We have disclosed your internet or other electronic network activity to our IT support and website providers to detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and to identify and repair website and mobile application errors that impair functionality.
- We have disclosed your internet or other electronic network information to our IT support and website providers to maintain, improve, and upgrade the website.
- We have disclosed your personal identifiers, internet or other electronic network activity information, and commercial information to service providers that perform services on our behalf. These service providers include our data analytics provider, website providers, customer service provider, professional consultants, and creative agencies.
3. INFORMATION SECURITY
No method of transmission over the Internet is fully secure. While we have implemented reasonable measures to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, alteration, or disclosure, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your Personal Information. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk.
4. YOUR INFORMATION CHOICES
Correct or view your information. You may access your account to correct or view certain Personal Information you have provided to us and which is associated with your account.
Facebook Pixel. You can opt-out of displaying Facebook ads by visiting your Facebook Ad Settings, and you can clear and control the information third parties share with Facebook in your Off-Facebook Activity page. If you do not have a Facebook account, you can opt-out of Facebook ads through the Digital Advertising Alliance here.
Device location settings. You may prevent your mobile device from sharing your location data by adjusting the permissions on your mobile device.
Google Analytics. You can control the information provided to Google by using any of the methods set forth here or using the Google Analytics opt out browser add-on here.
Cookies. All session cookies are temporary and expire after you close your browser. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your browser’s directions. To find out how to see what cookies have been set on your device, and how to reject and delete the cookies, please visit: https://www.aboutcookies.org/. Please note that each browser is different. For information on reviewing or deleting cookies from specific browsers, click on the appropriate browser: Firefox, Firefox IOS, Firefox Android, Safari, Safari Mobile, Chrome, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Opera. To find information relating to other browsers, visit the browser developer’s website. If you reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent, some features of our website may not function properly. If you choose to opt-out, style=”font-size: 14px; color: #4c4845; line-height: 1.3;” we will place an “opt-out cookie” on your computer. The “opt-out cookie” is browser and device specific and only lasts until cookies are cleared from your browser or device. The opt-out cookie will not work for strictly necessary cookies. If the cookie is removed or deleted, if you upgrade your browser, or if you visit us from a different computer, you will need to return and update your preferences.
Promotional Emails. You may opt-out of receiving promotional emails from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link provided with each email. Please note that we will continue to send you Services-related communications or to deliver notifications about the website.
Text Messages. We may send you text messages you have consented to receive. You can cancel text messages at any time by texting “STOP.” After you opt-out we may send you additional text messages to confirm you have unsubscribed.
5. DO NOT TRACK
We do not support Do Not Track (DNT). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser. For further details, visit https://www.eff.org/issues/do-not-track.
6. CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), grants certain rights to individuals who are California residents. These rights include:
- Right to Access. You have the right to request what Personal Information we have collected, used, disclosed, and sold about you within the preceding twelve (12) months. You may only make a request for access twice within a 12-month period.
- Right to Deletion. You have the right to request the deletion of your Personal Information that we collect or maintain, subject to certain exceptions.
- Right to Opt-Out. You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your Personal Information to third parties. Urban Edge does not have actual knowledge that it sells Personal Information of minors under the age of sixteen (16) years.
- Right to Non-Discrimination. You have the right to not receive discriminatory treatment if and when you exercise your rights to access, delete, or opt-out under the CCPA.
To exercise your right to access or delete your Personal Information, you may submit a request by email at email@example.com or by telephone at 201-571-3470. To opt-out of the sale of your personal information via cookies, please follow the instructions in YOUR INFORMATION CHOICES.
For requests submitted via telephone and email, you must provide us with sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected the Personal Information and describe your request with sufficient detail to allow us to properly evaluate and respond to it. If we are not able to verify your identity for access and deletion requests with the information provided, we may ask you for additional pieces of information.
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a request related to your Personal Information. If you are an authorized agent making a request on behalf of another individual, you must provide us with signed documentation that you are authorized to act on behalf of that individual.
Our Services are not intended for children under the age of eighteen (18) years. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect or share Personal Information from children.
Last modified on June 25, 2020